Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A "little" service project...

When I say "little" I mean "little" for Dad.   This was a pretty big service project but of course no big deal for my dad....other than it took 12 hours.  He was at this home from 8:00am-6:00pm.  These people needed help putting in a door for their house.  They previously had been using a tarp so I'm sure the door is a BIG upgrade.  My mom said the night before they had to go buy my dad some work clothes since he didn't bring any to Hawaii with him.  He will probably use those work clothes several more times before their mission is over. I'm sure all the people involved appreciated my dad's expertise and knowledge on how to do almost anything. Here are a few pics of the project.
Here they are removing the tarp the family had been using for the door.

Next my dad is framing in for the door.


The finished product. 


I bet my dad is so thankful I asked him to put a door on our living room in Gunlock before he left so he could have practice for this project :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment