Saturday, June 16, 2012

An apartment has been found...

Finally my parents have found an apartment.  The sad thing is the reason it was available was because the previous missionary couple living there, the husband got pneumonia and passed away :(

It's very sad but I guess if it is your time to pass, being on a mission in Hawaii wouldn't be a bad way to go...

So they now have their own place.
Their address is:

54-231 Hauula Homestead Road
P.O. Box 0412
Hauula HI, 96717-0412

They are excited about the place.  It is only a 1 bedroom but has a hide-a-bed if you want to go visit :)

Every time I talk to my mom or dad I am struck by how happy they sound.  You can hear in their voice the joy they are having....and not just because they are in paradise :)

They are finding joy in their service.  They love the wards they are assigned to.  One is a Tongan ward, one a Samoan, and one a Haulie (what the Hawaiians call white people) ward.  They speak Tongan and Samoan in the wards and so my parents don't understand much but my dad said when they sing the hymns in those languages it is beautiful and the spirit is so strong.

They went to a community meeting this week in the area they are assigned to help and my mom said basically everything they wanted to do to improve the community my dad could do.

They wanted to improve a building but needed someone who knew building codes and how to do it...my dad can.

They wanted help to network several computers together so several people at once could work on family history...my dad can.

They needed someone who knew how to do family history online...my dad can.

They needed someone who could take the families pictures and get them a printed copy to hang in their house to show them the importance of families and get them excited about their family history...my dad can.

Hmmm...wonder if my parents were sent to this specific area for a reason :)

I have no doubt that they were and I also have no doubt they will be amazed when they find out how talented my mom is as well....in different ways than my dad but equally as talented.

I can't wait to hear the stories about the lives they will affect.

ALOHA---Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment